Annoying siblings

“We all live in a yellow submarine a yellow submarine a yellow submarine” “shut up jack” “I yelled do you have to be annoying as possible at all times” “yes yes I do” he answered “and I’m going to keep doing it till you die so… we all live in a yellow submarine”, “Shut up you annoying little brat” I yelled as I strangled him “okay break it up” said mum as she entered the living room “what did jack do this time” she said “he is being annoying brat again and won’t shut up” “jack I have told you twenty million times and I don’t want to again stop on purposely being annoying” “okay mum” he answered

3 thoughts on “Annoying siblings”

1. Hello Jacob, well I don’t trust that Jack! Even though he told Mum, “okay”, I bet he will be annoying again. It worked really well using the repetition of the words from a “Yellow Submarine” and you were definitely able to show what is like to have annoying siblings. Well done.

2. Hello Jacob,
    An annoying little brother torturing you by constantly repeating the words of The Beatles “Yellow Submarine” would make life difficult but at least mum was there to break up the fight. It seems little brother wanted to be noticed by you but chose to do this by annoying you and making you lash out. Perhaps he could have chosen to ask you to play a game you both like so you had a way to end up playing rather than fighting. (I had a little brother too.)

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

3. Hi Jacob,
    I’m a mother of three teenage children, so I have had lots of experience of siblings deliberately annoying each other. Aaaghh!
    You described the situation perfectly.

The only problem is that I have the song, ‘Yellow Submarine’ stuck in my head now. It’s going around and around…..It really is a catchy tune.

Well done,
    Michelle, Team 100wc,
    Melbourne, Australia